Thursday, October 9, 2008

A note to anyone still undecided...

Dear Undecided among us,

I am having trouble swallowing that there is any doubt about who it is you should vote for. But I understand for whatever the reason you haven't made up your mind. I would like to share some information with you that isn't getting reported on. A lot of it has to do with John's character. Aot of people assume that because he was a POW, that automatically makes him a good person. To tell you the truth before this election, that was my shallow thinking as well. But if you go deeper and investigate the real person before and after his time as a POW, you may find as I have that he is FLAWED big time!! I certainly still respect his service to our country and the physical and emotional damage it caused him. But I am no longer blind to the other truths about the man as well. So if you choose to, please read the following, if you don't beleive me, do your own investigating. I think it MATTERS!

-He's got a temper,and has been known to be abusive even to woman!
-He chose Sarah Palin- (this decision should scare the bajeebeez out of you)
-He lies-- one example.... he said he would NOT run his campaign negatively!
-He cheats--- one example....ON his first wife (court documents filed indicated that he cheated on her for 9 months while he still lived with her!! 9 MONTHS!!)
-He was FRIENDS with Charles Keating (THIS IS A MAN WHO WAS CONVICTED ON 73 COUNTS) and also raised more than $100,000 for McCain congress race! They went on vacations together! Charles Keatings actions led to the loss of 3.4 billion dollars from tax payers.
-He barely graduated, 894th out of 899 students. (Dumb too?)
-He while in the Navy crashed planes many many many times (most of them for stalling) If he wasn't good at that job what makes you think... Oh never mind!
-He VOTED against honoring Martin Luther King day in 1983
-He stated in 2001--- that the war would be "fairly easy!"
-He is an avid gambler, but he reported NO income derived of gambling from 2000-2007 now he must be really UNLUCKY! (Citizens for responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a complaint today 10-9-08)
-He called us, His fellow prisoners... That's telling. Maybe all those years being a POW, did something to him or maybe he's just getting old! Maybe it was just a mistake but still.
-
Okay.. Well i for one, can not take anymore. You know, I think it's important for me to point out something. I do look at a person's whole life when I think about their character. I think about, for example... the fact that not only was Cindy McCain, addicted to prescription drugs but she has also done a lot of charity work too. But the drug addiction was part of her life as well. It doesn't define her but it is a truth of hers. The same as the fact that Barack Obama admitted to using drugs when he was a teenager or young adult is part of his truth. But, why I decided to write this blog entry was because I feel like so many people give John McCain a pass on other areas of his life because he was a POW. I want people to know that there are many truths to a person, not just one. I look at the whole picture. I do, I don't judge someone based on one thing, be it something good or bad. I really think that the person you should vote for, is the person who you feel would be fair, trustworthy, hardworking and honorable. I think that is Barack Obama. I'll be voting with a clear conscience come election day, especially after doing this little investigative reporting. Having learned all this about McCain it does make me want to TRY my hardest to convince you why not to vote for McCain! Sign in someone, vote for Ron Paul, or Elmo. I don't care who you vote for but please don't vote for a man if in your heart, you just ARE NOT sure you should. I think character matters when we choose a president. It matters ALOT!! You know, I haven't heard about ALOT of these things before I looked them up and do you know why? Because Barack Obama is of good character! He doesn't go down a path of Negativity-- He doesn't need to.

Sincerely,

Missy

No comments: