Monday, April 27, 2015

March for Babies day 2015

So Sunday April 26th was our March for Babies walk this year.  Our team raised $3,311.00!!  Not our highest amount but still a lot of money.  I was really proud of our team!!! We had a few new team walkers as my brother & sister in law decided to walk with us this year. YAY!   Our family team consisted of 9 members but only 7 actually walked this year.  The other two weren't able to walk but did raise some money & were still part of the team! I'm hoping next year more will decide to walk with us.  The day of the walk we had such beautiful weather & it really dawned on me that I can't remember ever having bad weather the day of the walk.  Some years it's been pretty hot, but this year it was sunny & in the high 50's/low 60's which is perfect for walking in.  Brian again gave a speech at the beginning of the walk & Brian was again interviewed by the college station at the Rowan University, except this year Emily joined him.  She was super excited!! They ended up being about a 1/2 hr behind us, but somehow boogied their way to catching up to us.  I wasn't sure they would actually reach us, but they managed to catch up about 3/4 into the 5 mile walk. I was quite impressed with that, since Emily & exercise normally don't go hand in hand. lol. BTW....  I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my last post but Emily was actually featured on the "March for babies" collection envelopes this year!!! So she was a bit of a "celebrity"... lol, at this years walk. Here's a picture of our team from the walk.  :) Thank you to everyone who donated this year & helped us to raise money to help babies be born healthy!  We had a fun day!

No comments: