Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Tonight I watched the "president" in hopes he would surprise me with his words of hope for our country. He had a chance to change the narrative. He didn't. He was at a rally in Wisconsin & instead of using this platform to provide the nation with a little bit of hope on a day when such close calls happened & potential violence by these bombs being mailed. He doesn't do that, hell... he didn't even mention CNN? Or the fact that the building is open to the public, it's got shops and restaurants & innocent citizens could have been hurt. In moments like this, as president, he needed to put aside personal "vendetta's" and provide comfort to our citizens. all of them. the ones he agrees with and the ones he doesn't. But Trump can't do that. This "president" should have minimally said, "I need to rethink some of my own words & try to do more to unite our country, as a start, I personally reached out to the Obamas and Clintons and the others and offered my support" BUT NO....that would require a heart. it would require him to think of someone else besides himself. It would require empathy. Instead, he talks about how others are to blame. SO, wow.... If you can't see this man for who he is, and what he's doing to this country. You need to look long and hard at yourself in the mirror. I don't want to hear, well he's not alone. people are doing it to him too. THEY ARE NOT THE PRESIDENT!!!!!!! They don't need to be held to the same standard he should be held. If you can't see he's part of the problem... I honestly am ok w/ you not being ok w/ me. I could see it on day 1. I cried my eyes out when he was elected because I could see his ugliness & awfulness. The fact some of you can't after two years of all his lies, and the fact that he blames everyone but himself. I'm sorry but there are so many more important things than if I get a little extra in my pay, but hey if the tax cut you "might" get, is more important than things like decency. I'm okay if you and I aren't friends. If this man makes you as angry as he makes me, please vote, bring a neighbor. vote blue and let's change the narrative.

No comments: