Wednesday, October 17, 2012

FIRED UP!

Let me just start this by saying, I watched the debate I AM so happy with our president's performance at it. I think he was exactly what we needed him to be, he didn't let Mitt lie, & he was still respectful for the most part. I think there was one time when President Obama could have been portrayed as overstepping & that was when he was talking about education & he's very passionate about that... but I think he should have stopped talking a few moments before he actually did BUT other than that I thought he was pretty much SPOT ON!!! He explained what he’s done, he exposed Mitt on his lies, the 47% comment, & just generally seemed like he was fighting for us. He fired up the base & I’m pretty stoked. So that's got me really fired up. I decided to write a blog, because well something even before the debate has been bothering me & I don't know how to say it so I'll try my best and hope my point comes through I feel like a large portion of Mitt Romney's supporters are listening to the devils on their shoulders. What I mean about that is perhaps Mitt could turn around our economy... personally i don't think he will cause I believe in math & alot of really smart people are saying what he wants to put in place simply won't work.. a slow & steady approach makes more sense to me, The things the President has been doing since taking office, like jobs being created & a steady decrease in un-employment seems like a much smarter & better way in the long run. But people are so desperate for the economy to turn around quickly they are willing it seems to take a gamble on the un-known & un-clear planning by Mitt Romney, because after all he’s good at money.. he should be he’s been around it his whole life, BUT I have no faith that he'll turn around the economy in the best way perhaps not even in an ethical way BUT some seem so concerned with a QUICK turnaround of our economy that they are not willing to think of the "greater" picture, like losing programs that help the elderly, children, women, poor & the middle class. That's just wrong in my book. The one thing I can clearly & honestly say about Barack Obama is he CARES about people. How do I know this, because I've read a lot about him... I know for instance that he was in the projects of Chicago trying to help the citizens get asbestos from their homes in the housing projects there. He worked with people who others may have dismissed as being "voiceless" & listened to them & helped them realize they were not... HE worked with them NOT against them.. he didn't say they were unimportant to him because they didn't have money or make enough money. (*hmmmm... 47% comment) BUT instead he honestly listened to them... he cared. When he could have continued working at big law offices & make BIG time money, when they were falling over themselves wanting to hire him, he listened to his heart & decided to go into public service & make a difference for more people. He didn't listen to the devil on his shoulder that was perhaps saying, stay here at this law firm & become RICH! Now don't get me wrong, he is rich, but it's because among other things he wrote a very successful book(s)that sold a lot of copies. BUT he didn't hurt anyone do to it. I'm not sure that Mitt can say the same, I will be honest with you I don't know Mitt as well but from what I'm learning about him for instance he created Bain Capital & it was VERY successful, BUT according to a Washington Post article written by Tom Hamburger on June 21, 2012 "Mitt Romney’s financial company, Bain Capital, invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India." That doesn't sound like doing what is best for the workers of America, it sounds just the opposite in fact. BUT even with that.. perhaps Mitt would help our economy but at what cost. Remember too that the people he wants to help also are NOT in need of it.. I think that those who can afford to pay a little bit more should, and that is not want Mitt wants to do..the middle class will suffer IF & more likely WHEN his FUNNY math doesn’t work.. we make up the largest population.. it’s not the top 2% that will have to pay IF this gamble doesn’t work.. it’s us!! NOT TO MENTION he hasn’t even laid out what programs will be ended to pay for this.. it’s a gamble, one I’m not willing to make & for what the small chance everyone who claims this math won’t work is wrong. The bigger point is we are much more than money... it's the root of all evil as they say. I'm worried that really important issues are being put on the back burner by so many who care only about the economy. Don't get me wrong money is important but there are more important things... Those things take precedent in my life & my decision on who runs my country. If we don't help people who need it the most, how can we live with ourselves. I look at third world countries.. I see the rich & powerful & I see the poor as dirt living in huts & that really scares me, we can't keep asking more of those that have less & less of those that have more.. I feel like it's a disaster waiting to happen, not only that though it's the wrong thing to do. We all want money enough to pay our bills, enough to send our children to college, enough to not have to worry if something happens but there are some of us that don't need anymore help.. they are alright. The rich among our society don't need hand holding, we do the middle class, the lower class, we need the help. I want to support a president who I believe has those peoples best interest in mind. If isn't clear after Mitt's 47% comment I don't know how it could ever be clearer, he just doesn't feel the same way about helping those among us that need it the most. He thinks we are moochers, he doesn't care about those people, people he claims don't take personal responsibility, Umm... hello your family was well off, you went to private schools, your family’s wealth allowed you not to know the struggles so many of us face. I have no idea how people who are rich feel, I've never been rich but I can imagine it's less stressful knowing how you'll pay for an unexpected problem that arises or a medical emergency. I know life can still be rough but it's a little less stressful because money is taken out of the list of concerns. All of us want to be in that position but the divide seems to be growing & growing.. it's terrifying.. it's sad. We are better than that.. we should be.. I want an America that is. I try hard not to listen to the devil on my shoulder I sometimes fail but honestly I really try not to, & my conscience doesn't allow it.. call me a bleeding heart liberal. I'd rather be just getting by & know in my heart that I’m on the right side than to be rich & greedy. I honestly would. I can sleep much better at night. SO unless you are absolutely sure that this “maybe” gamble will work & that money is that important to you that you are willing to throw out other things that are really important because remember we don’t know what Mitt Romney will get rid of in order to pay for these across the board tax cuts. Not to mention it takes more than a good business sense to lead our country.. Barack Obama has strengthened our world view & implemented many of the promises he made in 2008, & for those promises that he hasn't I’m sure will be priorities of term 2. Romney would be starting fresh with tax counts & military funding adding trillions to our deficit & so it seems like lots of things will have to be cut.. & he refuses to tell us what. It’s a gamble too great in my book. What about you?

No comments: