Monday, March 3, 2014

& the winner is... Rob Lowe, the Oscar awards & not me!

So I've been slacking a bit on this blog so thought I would take a moment to share some of what's been going on in my life. First off,  I had a temp job at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It was only to get their new store stocked & lasted only two weeks.  I don't think I'll ever do that again, meaning a temporary job.   It was really physically hard work (which I actually like) BUT I wouldn't do it again because while they hired like 100 temporary workers,  they only needed like 5 permanent positions so needless to say I wasn't one... I tried my best, but with odds like that you can't really expect too much.  I think the biggest suck ups got the job.  I'm not a suck up... so while they were "sucking up" I was actually working!!  (No.... I'm not bitter...  ;)  lol)  Oh well.... Their loss.   It was kind of funny... cause every day I worked, there was a little less of us each day--- it took me a few days to realize they were kicking people to the curb.  At least I made it to the last day before getting the heave ho.  But boy did they have the system down... you worked as hard as you could but the harder you worked the less they needed all of us. What a great system.... for them anyway.  What else???  Well I'm still reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austin, it's not a bad book but it was written in 1803 & my god is the language so annoying.  I've been reading it for I think over a month & I'm only on page 80.... lol. They use so many words to say very little... I told Brian that if they would just spit it out already that book could have been a short story or an essay.  LOL! Thank goodness Jane Austin isn't around nowadays, cause twitter & it's 140 characters would eat her alive.  The book is just fine like I said.. but it's not really very excited of a story------ so ofcourse impatient me... started reading Rob Lowe's book, "Stories I only tell my friends" which I'm enjoying much more & with only just having started reading a few days ago, am already on page 200.  What can I say I'm more a mac & cheese kind of girl than a lobster one.  It's more fun!  What else? Emily is doing great---- she was really excited yesterday because Carson Kressley (she's a super fan of his, ever since he was on DWTS--- she thinks he's awesome!) replied to a tweet of hers.  She is becoming quite as she calls herself a "social media guru" & has taken to tweeting during shows, last night was ofcourse the Oscars & she was all over that- tweeting the winner of each category, etc.  Luckily for her, her school was closed due to snow (again) & she was able to stay up to watch... BUT unfortunately for her, the show ran long & she just could not stay up for it all... so she missed the last three BIG awards.  It was ofcourse the first thing she asked me... so who won best actor, best actress & best picture?  :)  Anyway... I thought it was a great Oscar show & it was fun watching it with Emily. (it's not really Brian's thing)  I had actually only seen I think two of the movies that were up for awards.  Those being "Frozen" & "Gravity" both of which I liked a lot so I was rooting for them. Frozen won for best animated movie & Gravity won just about everything else except for BEST picture, which went to 12 years a slave.  Which I definitely want to check out.  I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but I can't think of anything else to write so I'll end here, hope you have a great night! xo Missy

No comments: