Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"Healthy Start to the Morning" Muffins

While in New Mexico visiting my mother in law, She made these muffins for us.   They are made out of raisin bran, wheat germ, whole wheat & white flour, brown sugar, eggs etc.  Very high in fiber.  We ate them for breakfast nearly every day while we were in New Mexico.  They are about 130 calories per muffin.  SO I asked her if I could have the recipe.  This is my first batch of these healthy yummy muffins.  :) The really cool thing is that the batter can be refrigerated for up to six weeks.  The batch makes 30 muffins---- i made 12 this morning.  I'm sure we'll use up the batter before 6 weeks. :) But it's still kind of cool it last that long.  If anyone is interested in the recipe... comment & I'll happily email it to you. Thanks!

No comments: