Tuesday, August 23, 2016

An Ice Cream Tradition, is the best kind!

Just took a nice walk w/ Emily, maybe a mile & 1/2 both ways down to the ice cream stand and back .  We usually do it a few times each summer but this was the first for this year, so I'm glad we got it in before summer ends.  I'm not ready for it to be over.  I know it's going to happen whether I want it to or not, but this summer seemed to fly by.  Anyway... We had a really nice walk.  Emily ofcourse was doing her "pokemon hunting" as we went but that's ok. She's into pokemon go. I'm not sure if I said it already on my blog, but Emily has said about Pokemon GO, that the rest of the world is finally catching up to her.  She was an original lover of Pokemon for many many years already.  I had to laugh,  because she's right.  Every now and then we'd say stuff like aren't you getting a bit too old for that? Her response was always No! Now I see grown adults playing pokemon all the time at rite aid.  I guess she was right...lol. Anyway... we are lucky to have an ice cream stand within walking distance of our house.  The coolest thing is that it also is a Produce place with a fresh salad stand as well, so we always get a salad first which is soooo yummy before we get our ice cream.  A little good to go with the not so good.  Life is a balance after all.  Throw in the walk and I'd say we still come out a little ahead in the health department... lol. .Anyway,  the weather in NJ is beautiful today.   I hope it's nice where you live too.  Happy Day friends!

No comments: