Sunday, November 3, 2019

A winkin', blinkin' and a Nod memory

When I was a little girl.  My grandmother & at times my mom would sing a lullaby called, Winkin  Blinkin & Nod.  It popped in my head tonight, I think because I'm really missing my mom.  I feel like she calmed me down the best when I was sad, or upset, or angry or whatever. Tonight,    I'm worried.  I want someone to hold me & tell me, "It's going to be OK"  So tonight I found the lullaby on  YouTube & every version I found was faster than the way I remember it being sung to me.  I wonder if they made up their own melody or if it was a version they heard before.  But I sing it, the way I remember them singing it to me.  I kind of like that I can't find a version of the way they sang it, like it was special just for me.  & also... that I'm reaching the age... that I can't remember why I came into a certain room BUT that I can clear as day remember how I was sung to when I was just a wee little girl & the feeling I got from it still. 

No comments: