Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hum Drums.... Don't know why?

I've been feeling a little depressed lately. I don't know why really, just having a hard time getting in the spirit this year for Christmas. Maybe I'm missing my mom a little more than usual. I don't know. I feel a little bit better tonight then I did yesterday. I'm listening to Bing Crosby... maybe that's helping. I also went out shopping with Danielle and had a nice time... maybe that's helping. We decorated ginger bread cookies today... maybe that's helping. Maybe I'm just ( like Brian reminded me to do ) thinking of Emily and how much joy she gets out of Christmas and it is bringing me out of my funk. I hope. I want to feel like I usually do... that Christmas Magic feeling. The feeling you get when you look at twinkle lights on a tree. The feeling of listening to Christmas Music- the peace it gives you. The memories that you get out of Christmas music has always been one of the things that fills me with happiness. I WILL BE HAPPY. I WILL BE HAPPY for my daughter, myself, and my family. I WILL BE HAPPY AND FEEL THE JOY OF THIS WONDERFUL TIME OF YEAR. I WILL... THAT's IT! Good, now that that is handled. Let me just fill you in on what else has been going on. I am mostly done all my shopping-- just a few little loose ends to finish up. stocking stuffers and the likes. I need gifts for people who we got gift cards for.... I always like to give a little present with a gift card to make it seem a little more personable. I really hate giving gift cards! But sometimes that is all they ask for and I don't want to get them something they aren't going to like. ANyway... Now I need to finish up our Christmas cards. I know it's the 21st now and they still aren't out but that's life. :) HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS!!

No comments: