Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A momentary Pause....

You know sometimes everything has u running... running to work (or in my case) walking to it. Running to get home and get Emily off the bus, deciding on dinner and homework and everything, but today I was sitting downstairs looking out the front window and noticed this squirrel sitting on our front steps and eating the left over part of Emily's peanut butter/jelly sandwich. I could tell it was from our trash because I use a cookie cutter to cut out the center and throw away the rest. I was just so fascinated watching this cute lil' guy eating this sandwich... the way he held it with his two hands, the way just like a little kid would---- he ate the best part first... he licked all the peanut butter and jelly off. I laughed out loud over that one. Infact when he was done eating the one side's peanut butter and jelly off-- he went to the other side before eating any of the just bread part. I just sat there watching him and realizing how nice it was to just take that momentary pause of everything and enjoy that moment... just me and what should have been a pesky squirrel who got in my trash cans but today he was the sweetest lil' thing.... and a needed pause for me. When I got up and looked at the clock it was 5:11 of course and that made me smile as well! =)

No comments: