Thursday, April 19, 2012

D.A.R.E. Graduation Day





Well today was Emily's 5th grade D.A.R.E Graduation.. It was really great, I of course felt really proud to see her up there receiving her DARE Certificate & taking the PLEDGE to stay away from drugs.  The class also performed a little song & gave out both poster & essay awards.  Emily didn't win one but it didn't matter, just seeing her up on the stage made me so proud.  She also volunteered to be one of the pom pom girls, and had to learn the routine in one day. (she was absent from school the last few days.. ) This year, this last year of Elementary school is so bittersweet... So many exciting achievements for Emily, & believe me Emily is taking them all in, She has such an exuberance over everything.. she was so excited about DARE graduation.  She has a joy about her.. She loves life!  She made me very proud--- She teaches me more than I'll ever teach her.

No comments: