Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Well this is my first post of 2015!  Can you believe it's 2015? It's sounds so totally far away still.   I wonder what my then same age as my daughter self thought back in 1985, of what the year 2015 would be like?  I probably imagined it being a lot more ...well... "futuristic" than it is.   Flying cars and such....  Oh well.. progress never happens as quickly or as rampantly as we imagine.  I heard there is a prototype for a flying car, but it's not like we all imagined it...you know the world of 2015 with everyone having a flying car & everyone wearing the same "silver" uniform in it.  I think it's just perhaps that I watched too much TV as a child, more specifically a little too much "The Jetsons".  Anyway... We are starting to take down our Christmas decorations.  It always makes me feel a little depressed.  I think mainly because I like how my house looks with all those colorful decorations in it.  The "brown & beige" motif I have going on in my home never looks more dull than after Christmas.  Yep every year after Christmas when money is really tight I always think man... I need to do some re-decorating... which never happens.  Ofcourse by the time we get a little extra money I've gotten used to the "dullness" again.  Oh well.  

No comments: