Monday, July 23, 2007

My name is Missy and I am a BLOGGER.

I am always so impressed with people who have talents. As I seem to have none. I mean I am a good/decent person, a loving mother and a faithful wife but I am one of those people that would love to be naturally talented at something. Is there such a thing? I think so, some things come really simple to some people and sure I know that you could work at something and get good at it. But I am not really talking about that kind of talent. I mean people who just "ARE" Artist or "ARE" athletic. They didn't really have to practice I mean sure they do and they get even better but they don't really HAVE too. You know. I am so jealous of those people. I use to buy/ask for all these things so I could try to find something that I was "naturally" talented at. Like I asked for an art easil, becuase I do enjoy painting and creating. I just got really frustrated because it did not come easy to me. I mean I tried briefly and did a few very mediocre/pathetic paintings.... that I would not even hang up in my home for total fear of embarrassment. My husband has always tried to encourage me and ofcourse bought me this very nice easil and now it sits in the closet collecting dust. Which again, guess what? Makes me feel guilty. I reminder of my failure. Also tried scrapbooking, drawing, crocheting, needlepoint, etc... nothing stuck. And I am left with the materials to again remind me of my short comings. So now, my newest venture..... blogging. Hey, it's something... maybe it is here for me and those like me to create even if for themselves alone. I honestly don't care if anyone sees my blog or if they do see it, even like it, because to me this blog matters and gives me a feeling of accomplishment and that is what I have longed for in my other endeavers so I feel mildly contend and in some ways proud that atleast I have found an outlet for my creativity even if it's not Hemingway.... it is "my"writings and occasionally I am proud of a sentence or two that I come up with. It's not often but there are some moments of cleverness atleast in my own mind. I'm not saying I am talented at writing. I am just saying that it is giving me something and I enjoy what it gives me and I am thankful for it--- and it was FREE. No guilt and that is a very good thing.

No comments: