Monday, August 20, 2007

This, That and What-not

I haven't updated in a while and so I decided to write something. I don't know what but I guess I'll start by saying. We are going camping this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I hope Emily has a really fun time. Swimming, playing and outdoors... it should be fun.We rented a little cabin and this is the first time we've gone camping with Emily. Brian, Emily and I are going, Fernando is staying home to have the house to himself. I understand. He's 21... he's not interested in camping with the family. Oh well, I wish he was going but atleast we don't have to pay for a kennel for the dogs. We have 2 dogs, Bandit and Smokey. Bandit is a pug and about 9 years old. Smokey is a keeshond and around 8 years old. They grew up together and are like best friends getting old together. It's sweet. We started school shopping for Emily. We are pretty much done. I can't believe school starts in like 3 weeks. It's too soon. I'm not ready for Emily to be in school for almost 8 hours, every day!! I'm really not. But she is real excited about going to school again, so I put on my Mom face and "act" happy too. I just worry about her while she is there, like every parent I'm sure. Will she be save and happy today? It's so scary this world. You know, but I can't think like that. I'm trying. Anyway, we got her a lot of cute clothes. We still have to get all the school supplies. I lost the list. Oh brother. I don't remember having a list when I went to school. I mean you used paper bags to cover your books and you needed pencils and a notebook. THE END. Nowadays they have specific items. It's a tad stressful. I still am doing my 3 jobs. No, I haven't quit the deli yet. I was close a few times but haven't done it yet. I had a conversation with the BOSS guy and voiced some of my frustrations. He's like, " I understand, ...blah, blah, blah, ....... but my hands are tied." Okay........ so that's just great. I'm still there, bottom line. It sucks!!! On to better things, I'm watching the kids tomorrow... so cute. It makes me happy to do that, and Emily loves playing with Madeline, she's 4 and adorable. A very good match for Emily. They are like ying and yang but it's perfect. Because they learn from each other. Josh is 4 1/2 months old. He's getting so big and just such a sweet baby. I am enjoying him so much. I've been watching them pretty consistently for the last several weeks. Usually once or a twice a week. I usually do the bookkeeping once or twice a week. And I work at the Deli once a week. It keeps me busy and I do like that. It's boring to just sit at home and do the same old, same old----and earning some money is nice too. Feeling like I contribute. Brian's been really busy with work lately. He has this project due and they are putting the pressure on him to get it done. I hope he is able to relax while we are away. Our last family vacation didn't go so well, I am hoping this one goes better. It should. It's not as elaborate and sometimes those are the best kind. You know... you can relax and not have so much to plan. Unlike those vacations, you need a vacation from. Everyone has had those. Anyway, that's about all. I will try and write more often. PEACE.

No comments: