Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's okay to be me...

well i'm feeling kinda sad, well sad isn't even really it.. i guess I am feeling a little disappointed. Disappointed in people, why is my life, your business? If I want your opinion I'll ask for it--- otherwise, know that you're not perfect and I'm not ripping you apart for it. Sure there are things about me, that others might not get. But so what, it's my life not yours and If I'm okay with them then that's all that matters.. that's pretty much how I feel about alot of things.. to each his/her own. I don't have to undertand you--- I should try to respect you. If we were all the same, it would be really boring. I don't want your take on why i need to be different, I just want to be accepted for being me. I think I'm a pretty good version of me. Who's perfect anyway??? I know I went through a lot of words to basically tell you nothing.. because I dn't really feel like sharing what has me "disappointed" for lack of a better word. Let's just say... someone pointed out a(in there opinion) "flaw" of mine, and preceded to tell me how it is I could fix it. Well maybe I don't want to, it's not hurting you, so JUST SHUT UP! But I didn't say any of that... i bite my tongue and held my breathe... and didn't blurt out what I realy wanted to say which was just that...."SHUT UP" "WHO are you to judge me" blah blah blah..... but I did the grown up thing and kept quiet. But inside I was peeved and pissed & all together more angry than I should be, at this person who shouldn't have the power to make me feel that way. What I really wanted to do was go all REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ on their ass. After all I'm a Jersey Girl.. but alas my momma raised me better than that. She also raised me better then to do what was done to me. Anyway.. what I do need to work on is to be more confident in who it is I am.. and know that as Todd Parr wrote, "It's Okay to be Different" Perhaps some people who should know better, need to read that children's book again & heed the lesson that it's okay to be different! :) just sayin'

No comments: