Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grocery Tid Bit

I believe I saw this on Rachel Ray's show a while ago but I thought it was neat & I wrote it down.  Anyway it's been sitting here on my kitchen cabinet & I thought I'd share it with you all. :) DO you know that the groceries stores use a universal system for bread.  You know the twist ties on breads right? The color of the twist ties tells you when the bread was delivered:

Blue twist: Monday
Green twist: Tuesday
Red twist: Wednesday
White twist: Thursday
Yellow twist: Friday

Also an easy way to remember when you're at the store is it's alphabetically in order.. BGRWY *just remember to start w/ B-Monday, G-Tuesday.. etc.


Kinda COOL, Right? I'm always looking for the freshest dates & such on perishables.. so I really liked this.

Thanks Rachel. LOL! :)

No comments: