Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Movie Review: Last Night

This morning I watched the movie "Last Night"  I didn't know anything about the movie before watching it. This 2011 movie stars Keira Knightley & Sam Worthington as a married couple.  The movie starts off with Joanna(Keira) & Michael(Sam) attending a company party of Michael's & Joanna becoming jealous of her husband's obvious attraction to a new co-worker.  The have an argument about it after they return home from the party but after assurance from the husband that nothing happened or would happen they make up & all seems fairly well when Michael has to leave for an overnight business trip to Philadelphia.   That's when the temptations really start... but for both of them. Joanna runs into a past love & he invites her to dinner. Sam is on the business trip w/ the attractive new co-worker *played by Eva Mendes.  Both are playing w/ fire but how far will they take the temptations.

I thought the movie was fine.  I know that doesn't sound like a good review... fine. BUT the subject matter is sad.  An attractive nice couple who seem to love one another but still are looking for a desire that is fresh & new.   It's a fairly simple story but the acting is good & believable & while they are doing these sneaky things you don't hate them because of it.  You can see the battle they are having with themselves & it is interesting to see who takes it further.   I came away asking questions, like which is worse emotional cheating or physical cheating? or BOTH? SO I did like the movie, but I did think that the movie would end differently & the ending is a bit disappointing.... I don't know what I expected but I wanted more.

No comments: