Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!


Hello... Happy Memorial Day!! My family had a great day. We went to Glassboro and watched a parade. It had VETERANS, fire trucks,bands, music, balloons, Beauty Pageant winners, and MUMMERS. All the makings of a terrific parade. We are lucky to live in NJ and be so close to Philadelphia that some of the MUMMERS string bands were in the the parade. A fine time was had by all. A few days ago, my daughter asked alot of questions this year about Memorial day. She's just at that phase where she ask a lot of questions. She asked me if we made breakfast? (like Mother's Day )and I said no, you honor and remember all the soldiers that help our country. I thought she understood a little bit. Until she asked her daddy this morning, If she got presents on Memorial day? So we went over it again with her. About the soldiers, how brave they are, how much they do to help America/the world, how important they are, and that we should Thank them. I think she finally got it. Atleast as much as a 6 1/2 year old can. She was so happy while watching the parade.. when the veterans/ military vehicles went by she would wave her little american flag. I looked at her and felt pure joy. She makes me believe in the American dream.
GOD BLESS AMERICA & OUR BRAVE SOLDIERS!

No comments: