Thursday, May 24, 2007

Serious Stuff

No one has read my blog(except my husband :) .. oh well mostly writting it just for me anyway. It would probably be very scary to have people read and comment and feel judged. I worry about what people think to much. Oh well, another flaw.. we all have them, right? I was reading poetry tonight. I really like Henry Wadsworth Longfellow... his poems are beautiful and rhyme. I like that. I was always a Shel Silversten girl. I just love the flow of rhyming poems. My husband writes terrific poems. He used to write alot!!! But doesn't write much anymore... it's kind of sad. I hope something inspires him soon to write again. I miss them. Anyway this poet I discovered tonight Henry Wadsworth Longfellows' poems are very good. You should check them out? Whoever "you" may be that comes accross this blog. He is a famous poet so "you" probably are already aware of him. When I was young and in school I had no interest in things that I wish I knew more of now. We didn't learn much about poets in my school. I mean if you didn't take advanced classes or college prep courses, you were just taught the bare minimum and that is really sad. I also think I just went to a really crappy school. Although it wouldn't have mattered how much you were taught if you didn't have an interest in learning it. I just wanted to get out of high school--- I wish I knew then what I know now. Isn't that always the case? Atleast I'm learning now and that really is all that matters. I find myself being in a time in my life that I want to learn more things. To find out why things are the way they are and who contributed to them being that way and how do we help to make things better? The world is very scary right now and you want to know all about why it is so bad. Yet it's overwhelming and really scary looking for answers. I'm feeling serious tonight and I don't really know why.. maybe it's that my daughter is growing up so fast. She's just becoming such an amazing human being and it makes me proud and yet scared--- cause I want the world to be better for her. She deserves it to be better. She will make it better when she is old enough, but right now she just makes it better for me and her Daddy and all who know her. That is what I need, just to remember how I feel when I look at her. I feel encouraged and know how good this world truly is. Well Goodnight and may you find your own peace when you look at the people that you love.

No comments: