Friday, September 14, 2007

Busy Week

Okay... WOW, it's been a really busy week. Well, after getting back from the wedding in Ohio on Sunday, Emily started First Grade on Monday, Sept. 10th. I worried and stressed all day on Monday and as far as we know she is doing really great. Although, Brian and I are both a little pissed because Emily hasn't gotten her one on one aide ( we don't think Emily will always need a one on one aide but we think for this year, she does- due to her size, social skills and physical balance issues, etc). The district called on the Friday, before school started to tell us they are still in "The Process of interviewing, and fingerprinting various individuals to be considered for the position... blah blah blah and bottom line still don't have a aide for Emily" We had a meeting in MAY with the school and was promised one for Emily. We've talked to the principal, who has assured us he is putting pressure on them to get her one ASAP and that they are keeping extra eyes on her. I feel like, you better because if anything happens to my daughter, there will be hell to pay. You can count on that.... and I don't even want to think about what Brian might do. I mean beleive me I want her to have a trustworthy person and while I appreciate all the screening they do, I'm not convinced that it's the reason. They just dropped the ball is really want I think. But having said all that, Emily seems to be doing really good. We ask her every day," How school going.." and she says, " Great, I LOVE it... " We haven't gotten ANY notes from the teacher. SO we are assuming that is a good sign too. We are also gonna go to "back to school night"on the 19th, and will talk to Miss M, her teacher, that night to make sure. Anyway I'm done ranting about that for the moment and I'll get back on the issue of our busy week........Tuesday, I went to breakfast with my friend, and I worked at my book keeping job, On Wednesay nite we went to the mall, because Brian needed a suit-- we got one at a really reasonable price, and last night we went to a concert. We saw Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphy at Festival Pier in Philadelphia. It was fun but we had to stand for the whole concert because there was NO seats and I felt really OLD, at 10:30pm we were ready to go. I had to babysit at 7 this morning and Brian had to get up to go to get blood work done and then go to work after. So, like I said it was fun, but we can't hang like the youngens. HA HA.... Ahh to be young again. Well I guess that's all folks.. hope y'all have a nice weekend!

No comments: