Thursday, September 20, 2007

Just another political rant...

I find it interesting that the "help" our government gives to our own citizens is thought of as a bad thing by some of our citizens. But the majority of the people that are against programs like welfare, dairy subsidies and even healthcare are the same people who are for the war in Iraq. That's it's okay to invade a country and "help" the Iraqi people, even if they don't want it. Even if it means killing thousands and thousands of innocent people. There was no direct threat to America from the country of Iraq. The terrorist in Iraq and other countries.... yes, but we should find the terrorist through intelligence ... not by fighting innocent people and their country. I am not saying that our government run programs are perfect, but some of the reason is because they are for people. And people are not always honest or good. Do people take advantage of Welfare, sure..... Could some of these people find jobs...sure but maybe not enough to support their families... maybe they are stuck. Maybe there are even people who just don't care.. but should we hurt the people that really need it because of a few bad apples. I don't think so. My mother had to go on Welfare for a little while when I was a kid...was she proud of it... no. She did it because she was a single mom trying to raise her kids and the jobs she could get didn't pay enough for her to pay rent & put food on the table. When she was able to, she got a better paying job and was able to get off welfare. That's how it should work.... but the system isn't perfect. I'll admit to being naive, I'm not highly educated but I beleive that we should help our own citizens and then help the people of the world and not by killing them. I have a great respect for our soldiers, it isn't them making the decisions to go into war. When they get there they have to do what they can to help, do the job they are given, and protect themselves and they are remarkable. I have the utmost respect for them.... honestly, and I want them to come home to their families. Just my thoughts, they aren't worth much but they are what they are. God Bless our Soldiers and the innocent.

No comments: