Monday, September 10, 2007

Emily B-- First Grader




My daughter is officially in first grade!! I'm a nervous wreck... she's a trooper. It's her first "Full day" school experience and I'm feeling very anxious. She's NEVER been a way from me for this long... I'm serious. She's almost 7 years old and this is the most time away from her I have been. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it--- she's going to be doing it for 12 more years but oh my God, this first day is tough and it's only 10:50... I still have til 3:30. I don't know how people do this. I think I worry more about her because she's so little. There was a little girl at the bus stop that was going into kindergarten and she was a least two inches taller then Emily. I think I worry because I am a worrier by nature. I want to not worry, I try not to worry but I still do. It's very difficult. But I'm going to try not to. I'm going to try and keep busy and do stuff around the house. That's it... That's what I'm going to do.. I will not worry. Yeah right!! Anyway, on to other news ( atleast so I can try not to worry) we went to Ohio this weekend. For Brian's cousin Niki's wedding. It was nice but I couldn't help feeling rushed the whole time we were there, I mean go here, do this, Okay remember to breathe. Okay.. drive 8 hours, go visit family, get dressed, go to rehearsal dinner, go to bed, get up do stuff, do stuff, do stuff. I can't even imagine how Brian's grandmother who is 93, did it all. I mean I am 36 and by the end of the first day was exhausted. IT was not relaxing in the least and it was ALOT of time in the car, eating shitty food, being bored and just feeling shitty becuase of it. I also had the stress of knowing that after 8 hours in the car coming home, we still had to get Emily's school lunch stuff bought at the store for her first day of school. So I just felt stressed the whole time. I can now say, I'm glad that is done and over with. I am glad we went and it was nice seeing our family and being there for Niki's wedding but I'm glad to be home. Okay... I am going to go and try and keep myself busy. PEACE OUT PEOPLE.

No comments: