Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I saw a beautiful Blue Jay yesterday.

My life is so full of stress right now. I feel like I am going to explode. I read somewhere you should write down one nice thing you saw or did each day to help when you are stressed out. Hence, the title of this blog. Oh, and by the way.... that doesn't work!!! We are very worried about Emily right now. We noticed starting last week she was having these moments of being "out of it" it's like seizures that only last 2 or 3 seconds, (initially we thought she was just extra tired from going to full day school for the first time). Sometimes she blinks her eyes or her eyes will roll backwards. SHe seems not to notice, she even did it. So ofcourse we got on the internet and tried to figure it out. It fits perfectly with something called, "Absence Seizures". SO we took her to her pediatrician last night. He thinks it sounds like them as well. We hadn't told him that was what we were thinking also, until after he said it sounds like them so he wants us to have Emily get an EEG and see a Neurologist. I am really worried, I just don't want Emily to have to go thru all of this. I know that she needs to, and she will but it's just very difficult. She's her happy go lucky self and she is totally unaware that she is even doing something that is causing us concern. We've questioned her, like EMily what just happened and she's like, What do you mean?' It's hard to see your child for even the briefiest moment.... " Out of it" unaware of what is happening. It's so unexpected and so uncontrolled. It's scary. I also am hoping that it is not anything more serious then the "Absence Seizure" becuase they don't cause any long lasting affects on the child and some children even out grow them by the time they are teenagers. She doesn't have any other symptoms and she is acting just fine. It sounds weird-- I am almost saying I hope she is having Absense seizures. No, I wish it was nothing but I know it is something because I've seen them so I am hoping it's nothing more serious then them. We LOVE Emily so much... it's hard to know that she may have Epilepsy of some kind. It's a very mild form but it's still another thing. A hardship I can't take away from her and make all better and that truly hurts my heart. So if you happen to read this, please.... say a prayer for Emily.

No comments: