Monday, November 19, 2007

Thoughts of my Mom & Emily

Today is my Mom's Birthday. I'm thinking of her and wishing so much she was stil here to give me guidance when I need it.. like today cause Emily's not feeling well again and threw up again last night. I'm sure my mom would have a way to make her feel better. Some home remedy or get her a little present that makes her feel better like she did when I was a kid. I try and do the same thing for Emily. It meant so much to me when I was a kid and was sick at home... throwing up, or just feeling awful. She always made me feel better even when I was a grown-up (kid) I never was any good at being sick. My mom always made me feel better... she was very good at norturing. It was one of the things that made her a great Mom. I miss her so much!! So I'm sure she would help me so much with Emily. So I guess I'll just try and do for Emily what I thing she would have done for me. So Emily's in bed right now watching TV. Brian and I thought Emily was okay.... she hadn't thrown up anything since Saturday morning around 7 am. But I went in to wake her up this morning and there it was throw up in the bucket (I'm glad I left it in there!) I just want to make her feel better... and I don't know how. I hope whatever this is goes AWAY FOR GOOD soon. I hate when she feels sick. I just want her all better. So I told her she can watch all the TV she wants, as long as she takes it easy today. Blah foods, etc. I don't know what else to do. If she can't keep down food today I guess we'll call the doctor... we both(Brian & I) think that maybe she just went back to eating junk too quickly. Yesterday was the baptism for Joshua and since she had been eating and not throwing up for 24 hours she went to the after baptism Lunch. She had meatballs, pasta salad, and CAKE. SO maybe we just pushed too hard to quick. We are hoping. Going back to toast, crackers, broth and jello. AND OF COURSE GINGER ALE. My mom always gave me ginger ale when I was sick, so ofcourse that is what I give Emily. Mom knows best!!! I was planning on doing some work from home today but misunderstood and can't now. My friend/boss needs his computer all day so I have to do it tomorrow. Probably best since Emily is home and may need me. It's best when she is at school so I don't have disruptions. Josh's baptism went well. He was so good at the church. We had a nice time. I am officially a Godmother. Yeah!! Somehow it being so close to my Mom's birthday made it even more special... Emily's baptism was on Mother's Day... It's all connected!! I feel. I know she is watching me and maybe played a small role in when my friend chose the date. I think... It's what I choose to think and I really do beleive it too.

No comments: