Friday, May 4, 2012

What the hell.. why not.. show me the MONEY! lol.

I've been trying to focus a little more on this blog... I signed up for Bloggymoms.com... it's a great website where a bunch of mom-bloggers join & share their blogs.   I find it funny that I've had my blog since 2007 & never really thought about "marketing" it. I still don't think about it that way after all I don't make anything, I didn't & still don't know if I have anything to say anyone else would even CARE to read....  For me my blog is personal I started it cause I wanted to share things with my daughter, the things that I wish my mom could have shared more of with me.  She died young @ 51 & we moved around alot when I was little, we struggled a lot, my mom worked really hard raising us as a single mom.  In ways, my life is easier than my mothers, in other ways I'm still a mom, and that's the hardest job ever. The biggest difference is my mom's life was much more busy, and busy with things she didn't want to be doing like working just to put food on the table.. I don't think she ever had a moment to think about making memories or appreciating the little things.. her life wasn't really conducive to do that... she worked nights, which meant she slept alot during the day.  We didn't talk nearly as much as Emily & I do, but I still loved her with all my heart! I just wish she would have shared more, you realize the things that matter often too late so that is why I share so much on here, at time maybe too much, it's just I don't want to regret not telling Emily just how much I loved her, or how much she mattered to me, so that's why I do this blog,  I share a lot on this blog & most of it is so if my daughter one day wanted memories, she'd have them especially God forbid you know.  I think now is a good time to say thank you to my husband.. who works really hard for us, I'm lucky to have a husband who supports his family so much, he has a great job and we together decided I should stay home with Emily.. at times I've had to go to work outside the home but for the most part I've been able to be a full-time stay at home mom to Emily. So thank you Brian.. you really are an incredible husband & father.. I know I don't say it enough.  But I love you & appreciate all that you do so that I can be here for Emily. Okay enough with the mushy stuff.. back to the money making..hah! Anyway, SO I really never thought about trying to make money off my blog....I mean with any real effort.   But the more I thought about it.. the more I thought well why not?? Emily is starting to enter Middle School.. in a few years she'll be in High School then College.  College??? How the hell are we going to pay for that?? We are trying to get out of our debt & work on it.. but why not have this blog help me help Emily even if it's just enough for her food card! Haha.. I know I'm not going to get rich off this, and that isn't the point. Hell I've had advertisements on my blog for a few years & I think I've made $7.00 (which they won't even give to you until you make like $100.00) so yeah I don't have HIGH hopes of becoming a millionaire or anything but I thought well why not?? I wonder what could happen IF I actually put a little effort in, could I maybe make a little for Emily for college. After all we only have about 7 years so & I thought well why not?? I don't know how someone reading this will take what I'm saying, I guess I don't really care, I'm sure people try making money off their blogs for a variety of reasons.. for me, I thought what the hell, what's more of an important reason than trying to help your daughter pay for college. So I finally decided, why not? what do I have to lose, after all College is expensive & I never was able to afford to go but I PROMISE you, my daughter will!  SO anyway.. that is why you see the advertisements on the side of my blog, If any of them seem interesting to you.. go ahead and click on them. This is how I can make money from my blog--- I'm still learning so if any other bloggers out there have any legit ways to make money off a blog, then please let me know.  :) thanks for reading.. Missy
  

No comments: