Tuesday, October 2, 2007

An answer!!

Okay... We just got back from the Neurologist Appointment for Emily. She has "Absence Seizures" Epilepsy. She apparently had 2 seizures during the EEG. So they were very comfortable with the diagnosis. She will be on medicine and hopefully it will control them. It's another thing, but it's manageable and I feel okay about it. I mean I wish she didn't have them but like even the doctor had to admit, " She's one of those miracle micro-preemies." Having Absence Seizures doesn't even have anything to do with her having been a premature baby. It's just one of those things, that some kids have to deal with. It shouldn't cause any major changes in her life, and it should not really interfere too much with her day to day. She may have them but we'll get thru them. She's still her happy go lucky self!! Although, she did not like having the EEG done and had a minor meltdown but she was better about 1/2 way thru. I'm so relieved that it's diagnosed and that we have an answer to what's been happening. Brian and I, knew it was "Absence Seizures" and we just needed a doctor to tell us for sure. BUT for me until they told us, it could have been something worse so it's just a relief to know for sure. I'm just so thankful!! Thankful that Emily is fine, Thankful that she is my daughter, Thankful for everything in my life!! TRULY. GOD IS GOOD!!

No comments: