Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Book Review

Well I've been reading this book called, "Me to We". It's a very interesting book. It was written by two brothers who started a non-profit organization when they were very young. One was only like 12 or something when he read a newspaper article about child labor. He decided to do something about it and started.... Free the Children-A non profit organziation. It's about essentially what they have learned since then from various individuals and experiences that have taught them essentially about trying to live Me to We. Instead of thinking about oneself or ones life only thinking about how your actions/choices affect the world, your society, and your family and neighbors. It's about thinking more globally and consciencely. It's funny because while I "TRY" to read self-help books... I usually rarily get thru one. I am finding this book different. It's an easy read. I figure if I can take even a few things away from it and try to incorporate them into my day to day life then it will be worth it. It's the little choices that we make in life that can have profound results that we arent even aware of. I really do beleive that!! The book also makes you think about people that have helped you in your life... who really impacted it but maybe they aren't even aware of how much they have helped you. Maybe letting them know. Taking time to do something nice for someone and not being TOO busy. Just basically trying to be a better person. I would really love to try and be a better person. I think everyone could strive for that. I hope this blog doesn't seem to preachy. I wasn't trying to be preachy. It's just a very inspiring book that I would recommend to people who are trying to find a little more meaning in their lifes. Well, That's all folks.... Go buy the book or borrow it from the library like I did. :) Peace Out!!

No comments: