Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations Mr. President...

Hello, I couldn't go to bed tonight without writing a little about my joy over seeing this day finally come. It is OFFICIAL now, President Obama is our 44th President!!! I'm so happy, I am so inspired over and over again. I saw the crowds that gathered in Washington to witness a new day, a day of immense meaning. A day of renewed hope and it really made me feel proud to be an American. I was at work so I didn't get to see too much coverage, but Tom (my boss & Friend) let me listen to it on my computer and I even got to watch a little too. SO thank you Tom!! It meant so much to me! I was able to see him sworn in, I loved it--- the flubs and all. It made me think this man is really eager to get in to office. He was talking over the other guy and everything! Fantastic! Anyway, As Emily said when she saw our neighbors this morning..... Happy Inauguration Day!! To which they didn't seem quite so happy, I think they were Republicans... But oh well it didn't tamper her spirits any. That's my girl.... :)

No comments: