Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dollar Store Obsession... Is there a support group?

Okay so I have a mild obsession with Dollar Stores. Is that wrong? It all started when after trying everything to get our daughter to use the potty we resorted to "Potty Prizes". It got way too expensive to go to the regular stores so I said "Let's try the dollar store"..... boy have those stores changed.... in a good dollar store you can just about find anything your heart desires. In the dollar store around us they even have a frozen food section....... CRAZY. I mean you can get a package of hot dogs for $1.00!! Don't get me wrong... I am paranoid about parishable foods and I could NEVER buy real food at a dollar store. But that's just me... I am one of those people who reach to the back to check every milk carton for the expiration date that is the furthest away. I examine every food I buy that has an expiration date the same way. Although, now adays there are even expiration dates on soda, water and stuff like that. I don't check them, but anything that is cold who I know doesn't have a long shelf life I check and double check. I can't help it. So, anyway, these new dollar stores have everything. I've gotten so use to visiting them every couple of weeks or so, and now that Emily is potty training and I know I dont need to get her little prizes. I am a little disappointed... but I enjoy going into a place with a $20.00 bill and buying 15 things and STILL HAVE MONEY LEFT. I mean that is way cool! I really think that there are two types of people.... no not good or bad people... but people who will visit a dollar store and people who will NOT. Those people would rather spend $3.49 on a gift bag then $1.00 on the EXACT same gift bag. That's just stupid people! No offense but really it is.

No comments: