Tuesday, June 5, 2007

OVERWHELMED

If I stop and think about all that is going on in the world right now, I become so depressed. I mean Global Warming, The war in Iraq ( which angers me everyday), all these killings of innocent people-- here and abroad. Terrorist plots, corruptions in politics and businesses, AIDS, starving people, gas prices, the bee shortage (which could affect our crops)........ and so many other things. Maybe there have always been problems and every generation gets to a certain age and wishes they knew what to do to make the world better, but you feel so helpless. Remember the good old days, when you were young and didn't worry about anything but the moment and having fun. And you didn't know or maybe care about what was going on. I mean now you have to live your life and pay your bills and manage "your" world. Then there are those moments when you begin to think about everything going on and wish that it would all change and know that people need to do something.... but what, and how. Where does Saving the World come on our to do list. You have to take dog to vet, chaperone field trips, go grocery shopping, get new sneakers, doctors appointments, write your blog, have family days, clean clean clean your house, do endless laundry, etc..... We should have personalize people to tell us what we can do ( like accountants but only save the world representatives). Becuase no one knows.. and you feel so helpless, the problems are so HUGE and is it to late? I mean I already changed all my lightbulbs to the "Energy Star", swirly ones. Can I just pretend that is enough? SO you just live you life and you give to charities and hope that the money goes where it should. If you're religious, you pray and wonder why if there is a god..... but that's another story. I DO believe in god but I just think "we" have done this. He is just a guide. I wonder what rich people are spending their money on and I wonder if I was rich would I spend my money on $250,000 cars too... or would I give it to charities and buy just a nice $35,000 car. I really think I would buy the $35,000 car becuase I'm just not frivalous. I am really not. SO maybe a lot of the rich are just really selfish. DON'T get me wrong I know alot are generous but could you just imagine if more where like Brad and Angelina, or Bill Gates. How much better our world would be?

No comments: