Thursday, August 21, 2008

a "sorta" Political BLOG

Well I realized that I haven't mentioned the "Scum-bucket" John Edwards since his affair was reported. As anyone who has read my blog for awhile knows... I really liked John Edwards, in fact he was my first choice candidate before Barack Obama. I am so angry at him and I'm not even his wife. I can't imagine her anger. Here she is battling this cancer and going thru this life and death fight and here is her husband out fooling around. What a scumbag!! I have to tell you, Elizabeth is a bigger person then me, (if it's true as reported, she's forgiven him) because I would have left his sorry ass. I realize that, that is easy for me to say but still. I think that the fact he cheated on his wife while she had cancer just makes it more despicable. But moving on.... I'm disappointed big time with the latest polls, some showing McCain ahead and some showing McCain catching up. I think we need a change and no offense but I don't see how voting for McCain will change much. That of course is just my take, but hey, this is my blog so you get my opinion. I'm kinda sick of "OLD men running our government" the way they want. My hope is that a younger guy will really listen to what it is our citizens want or need. That he will make bold "intelligent" changes and have less fear. I don't really have a problem with McCain as a patriot or a person but if you want to get technical his morals are NOT perfect.... he cheated on his first wife and in fact married Cindy only shortly after his divorce from wife #1 was finalized.
So...... all those religious fanatics out there take note. SIN SIN SIN..... I'm just sayin'. But whatever. I'm not sure it matters, but I do think the same people who are still talking about what Obama's Reverend did should be as concerned with the fact that John McCain broke a commandment. It makes me so upset all this bullshit, and don't even get me started on these political ads.. The 1/2 truths, the fact stretching, the out and out lies, etc. I've seen more from John McCain then I have from Barack Obama but I'm not keeping score... it's all wrong. For Instance I saw an ad that said, Obama voted to raise taxes on people that make just $42,000 a year when the truth is..... (according to fact check.org)

A TV spot claims Obama once voted for a tax increase "on people making just $42,000 a year." That's true for a single taxpayer, who would have seen a tax increase of $15 for the year – if the measure had been enacted. But the ad shows a woman with two children, and as a single mother, she would not have been affected unless she made more than $62,150. The increase that Obama once supported as part of a Democratic budget bill is not part of his current tax plan anyway.

So there you have it.. The truth. My hope is that all people INVESTIGATE these claims the candidates make. They are only about 1/2 true, I realize it's not just McCain. I know Obama has done it as well (just to be fair)...

The Obama ad also expands upon a misleading claim we've written about before. It says that McCain supports "billions in tax breaks for big oil and drug companies." (Last week, the claim was only about oil companies.) Either way, McCain's proposal is actually to lower the corporate tax rate for all companies, not just those in unpopular industries.


SO please please before you believe it check it out!! Know the truth! Get the FACTs.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before you vote!!
Okay... this wasn't "sorta" a political blog it was a political blog but I didn't expect to go off like that. It just happens! :)


Grease..... OF COURSE.... starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John

No comments: