Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mary Poppins... Practically Perfect in every way!!


Well yesterday we went to Broadway and saw "Mary Poppins". It was AWESOME... I would highly recommend it to everyone!! LOVED IT! I was crying at the end.. I don't know why I guess when the father realizes he needs to put his family first!! It was sweet, I couldn't help myself. Danielle cried too. We had a really nice day in New York and Madeline was sooo good. She really was and it was a LOOONNNGGG day. We left at 9 am and didn't get home until 10 pm. She's only 5--- so that was a really long day and also she is usually in bed by 8. I think she had a really nice time. We ate at the "Stardust diner". Which was really fun. They have singing waitresses. It was so much fun, while we were there the song from Little Mermaid was being sung by one of the waitresses-- and then by a 5 year old little girl who was a customer got up and was singing with the waitress-- she was SOOOO good! We could not believe it!! I really wished Emily could have been there, and I missed her so much. But I really don't think Emily was ready for it--- not just yet. She's getting so much better but I think it would have all been a little too much for her. SO I think it was best, but I still missed her sooo much. Well, maybe next time we can all go. Oh yeah, and our seats were incredible. ALthough like Danielle said-- It really seemed like all the seat would have been good. But we were so close we really got to see the performers faces and expressions. We'll probably never be that close again. The tickets were really expensive so I'm glad that we really loved it! Anyway, then we walked around a little and got a little lost ( well really just mixed up ) trying to find the subway to take us back to Penn station. We thought it was on 7th street and it turned out to be on 8th st. SO that is why we got back a little later. We were hoping to be home by 9 but we got home at 10 instead. It really was a great day, so it was well worth it! Ofcourse now we want to see Little Mermaid! We've really started something!


Circle of Friends... starring Minnie Driver and Chris O'Donnell

No comments: