Friday, August 29, 2008

The temptation to argue....

Okay.. it's that time of year again. When you know that certain friends of yours have a difference of opinion when it comes to their choice of a president. They listen to their spin TV news and I listen to mine. We've made the decision to, for the sake of our friendship to not discuss such things. But every now and then the subject comes up. Through no fault of any ones, we just both enjoy talking politics, but we are also fired up about our own positions. Recently this such thing happened when the conversation turned political and at the time I didn't have the facts to back up my argument even though I knew what was being said was untrue, so just so it's out there

Obama will give a tax break to people that make $150,000 or less a year
Obama will increase taxes on people that make $250,000 a year or more
Obama will NOT increase nor decrease taxes on people making between the two.

SO there you have it. I can now feel satisfied that I have not broken my own oath to NOT TALK POLITICS with certain friends but also feel content in knowing that I have done my own part to put the truth out there if only to ease this feeling I have of picking up the phone and saying.. "Well that information was wrong... BLAH BLAH BLAH"....I shall refrain. I shall refrain from doing so for the sake of my friendship.

No comments: