Thursday, September 4, 2008

Them's fighting WORDS...

SO okay, I SHOULD NOT have watched any of the REPUBLICAN convention. I wanted to, because I was trying to be a well rounded voter. But I have got to tell you, it just made me really understand WHY it is I am voting for Barack Obama. IT ALSO MADE ME ANGRY!!!!! It appears that as far as being NASTY the republicans are KINGS. SO that is what I felt came out mostly of the speeches I listened to. Lets try and knock Barack OBama down, even if what was saying was totally LIES. You ask the "community" he helped if he did NOTHING. I bet they will tell you how change is possible and actually more probable when you get down on their level and HELP them. (you know, what wasn't done after Katrina by our current administration) SO that just angered me, and as far as substance--- pretty much all I heard was "WE WILL NOT RAISE TAXES" But I have to tell you that the truth is not raising taxes DOES NOT help the economy. Even giving tax credits does not help the economy. That is how they win, the put that carrot in front of peoples faces and think "well gee, everyone LIKES money so we'll win" but I have got to tell you. IT HASN'T worked for 8 years and it's not going to work for 4 more. WE HAVE GOT TO CHANGE the way we think. OBama has said he will only raise taxes on people making $250.000 and more. I'm sorry those people can afford to pay a slight bit more if it will help our economy get out of this republican mess. People (and I mean the republicans) are not looking at the BIG PICTURE. It's funny, because they say the same about us. But putting an extra even $5000.00 dollars in our pockets, tell me how is that going to change things. How will that change the programs that are corrupt, or just plain not working in our government. How will putting a relatively small amount of money in our pockets help lower our Country's DEBT that is a direct result of this republican administration? WE HAD A SURPLUS PEOPLE under the DEMOCRATS!!!!!!! DO you like borrowing from CHINA to pay off our DEBT? Yeah, that's solving problems. OKay, I get it--- Barack OBama should not have said that people "CLING" to their religion. He made a mistake, but who among us has always said the right thing EVERY MOMENT of your life. I understand he's in the public, it's not the same as you and I, but HE DIDN'T mean it and I believe him. SO STOP SAYING IT!!! You know what I saw of that convention, just plain attacks, attacks, attacks. If you are always saying something bad then you don't have to defend yourself. You don't have to play defense when you are on the offensive ALL THE TIME. IGNORANT----- Just plain IGNORANT. Barack Obama was so clear in his defense of Sarah Palin. In no uncertain terms it is not okay to go after family, and especially not kids. He is a stand up guy, and that matters. That is who I want for a president. Now, I feel for John McCain and Sarah Palin they have both been handed hardships in their lives but that DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY WILL MAKE a GOOD PRESIDENT AND VP because of them. Personally, if I hear about his 5 years in a POW camp one more time I think I'll go crazy. It was a very honorable/brave thing but it doesn't have anything to do with whether he will make sound judgments when it comes to presidency or take this country in the right directions after it's been driving fast and going in the wrong direction for 8 years. I have a great ad for Barack, just keep flashing Bush's approval rating over and over and over. We need a BOLD change and it isn't going to come from electing McCain (a person who voted with BUSH at least 90% of the time!!!!) It will be more of the same. I am so sure of it! And just so you don't think it's me ( a democrat). Here are some lies from Fact check.org....................

Joe Lieberman and his former Senate colleague Fred Thompson both made misleading claims about Obama in their prime time GOP convention speeches on Tuesday. We've heard two of them before – many times.

* Lieberman said Obama hadn't "reached across party lines" to accomplish "anything significant," though Obama has teamed with GOP Sens. Tom Coburn and Richard Lugar to pass laws enhancing government transparency and curtailing the proliferation of nuclear and conventional weapons.

* Thompson repeated misleading claims about Obama's tax program, saying it would bring "one of the largest tax increases in American history." But as increases go, Obama's package is hardly a history-maker. It would raise taxes for families with incomes above $250,000. Most people would see a cut.

* Lieberman also accused Obama of "voting to cut off funding for our American troops on the battlefield." But Obama's only vote against a war-funding bill came after Bush vetoed a version of the bill Obama had supported – and McCain urged the veto.

These are the LIES that were said on day 2, I can't wait until they have the LIES from last night on their website!!!!!

OH yes, I remember the other thing said last night... FEAR!!... What if the big bad "ISLAMIC" terrorist get us!! Well.... they did get us on GEORGE BUSH's WATCH. ON HIS WATCH!!! And then after wards he LIED to us, and went after the wrong guy and the "real" guys are still out there!!! SO keep bringing up 9/11!!!! It doesn't make your team look good!! READ THE 9/11 COMMISSION! READ it and you will find out how Bush was warned about it, warned like Clinton and Gore were never warned about an attack happening!! HE DID NOTHING!!! NOTHING! Went on vacation. I understand that George Bush isn't running for President again (THANK GOD) BUT I do think that McCain is somewhat an extension of his presidency.

Okay, now that I got that out of my system. I am going to go enjoy the last day of Summer Vacation with my daughter!! PEACE

No comments: